Sometimes the name says it all.
This Apple Butter Baked Brie and Puff Pastry is as simple as it sounds. Add a little egg wash and bake to golden gooey perfection. Your guests will LOVE this appetizer and you will feel like a gourmet chef!
Apple Butter Baked Brie and Puff Pastry
1 13.2 oz. package of brie cheese (I prefer Alouette)
1 puff pastry sheet
1/2 cup apple butter
splash of water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On your cutting board, use a 8" round cake pan to trace a circle with a sharp knife into the puff pastry. Set the remaining pastry scraps aside.
3. Spread 1/4 cup of apple butter in the center of the puff pastry circle.
4. Place the brie cheese wheel on top of the apple butter and top with remaining apple butter.
5. Gently pull the puff pasty around the brie, brush with egg wash and use the scrap puff pastry to seal the brie.
6. Flip over the pastry wrapped brie and place on a cookie sheet with the seams on the bottom.
7. Cut a few slits in the top of the pastry with a sharp knife to release steam during baking.
8. Brush with egg wash, place in the oven, and bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
9. Serve with crackers on a large serving dish. (I prefer wheat thins.)
Apple Butter, Apple Pastry, Baked Brie, Brie, Brie Pastry, Puff Pastry