I can’t believe we actually made it this far without finding out whether we’re having a boy or a girl!!
We have never been surprised before, knowing with my first pregnancy that we were having a boy and knowing that the twins were both girls.
With only a few weeks to go, it seems to be even tougher than it was earlier in the pregnancy to be in the dark. I can’t wait to hear “It’s a boy” or “It’s a girl” at delivery. I can honestly say that I don’t have a preference. I know everyone says that they are praying for a healthy baby, but that is 100% true. That’s what’s most important to us. It would be wonderful for our son to have a brother, but it would also be wonderful to welcome another little girl. As an only child, I am just so excited that they are going to have one another ☺ I just can’t wait!
Still, I have gone through a ton of old wives’ tales just for fun and am wondering what you think. Check out my pic above and review my answers below. Let me know what you think. Am I having a baby boy or a girl???
1. Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it’s a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue.
I have been carrying high, but I’ve done that with all three pregnancies!
2. Similar tales say if you carry in front, you’ve got yourself a little boy, and if you expand horizontally, it’s a girl.
I can’t tell…what do you think from the pic?
3. Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she’ll steal your beauty. So, if you’ve got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you’ve got a little princess coming your way.
I have never been one to break-out, but I have had a few more blemishes than normal this time around. I also think I look like a hot mess, but I’m not sure if that counts. Thank God for my husband telling me I look beautiful☺
4. Dry hands and cold feet are signs of a boy. So, if you’ve got these ailments, break out the baby blue.
No dry hand and no cold feet! Are you kidding…I am sweating all of the time
5. Here’s a fun one— take off your wedding ring, tie it to a piece of string, and hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, you are promised a boy; back and forth indicates a girl.
Fun story here, I went to visit my dear friends in the Strip District, Jimmy and Nino Sunseri, during my first trimester. They had their mom perform a similar test and apparently, Mrs. Sunseri has never been wrong!! She said baby girl!!! (By the way, check out my post on Jimmy and Nino’s in the Strip – they are the best!)
6. Your baby’s heart rate might be an indicator of its gender. If your little one’s heart rate is under 140 beats per minute, you’re having a little boy. If it’s over, get ready for your little girl!
This baby’s heart rate is always over 140, but I don’t know about this one…140 seems low, but what do I know?
7. Craving sweets? According to some, that means you’re going to have a little girl. Salty and sour cravings indicate a boy.
This pregnancy has been just like the last in this regard…SWEETS, SWEETS, SWEETS! Hence the weight gain☺
8. The Mayans looked at your age at conception and the year your baby was conceived. If both are even or odd, it’s a girl. If one is even and one is odd, oh baby — it’s a boy!
I was 32 and the year was 2014. That would indicate a girl.
9. A Little Extra Padding – Has your spouse been indulging in your pregnancy cravings, too? If your hubby packs on a little sympathy weight, the tales say you’re in for a sugary-sweet little girl.
Let’s just cut to the chase and say, YES☺ But then again, my husband has gained weight with me every time. We are both already looking into our weight loss strategies post baby.
10. Morning sickness means pink. If you’re stricken with a queasy stomach during your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. If you sail through your pregnancy with nary an upset stomach, it’s blue all the way.
I had horrible nausea during the first trimester of this pregnancy, but I didn’t have it with either of my past pregnancies…even when I was pregnant with twin girls!! Go figure!
11. Latin for ‘black line’, a linea nigra may appear on your belly during pregnancy. This is a purple/brownish line which extends down the middle of your belly. It’s known that hormones cause the linea nigra pigmentation, but it’s not known why it forms in the vertical line that it does.The old wives tale is this – if you get a línea nigra and it runs from your beneath your belly to your belly button only, it’s a girl, and if it goes all the way to the bottom-most part of your rib cage, then it’s a boy.
Mine runs all the way up to my rib cage…boy!