We had the opportunity to dine at Bar Marco’s Wine Room a few weekends ago. It was an absolute treat! Not only was the wine room private and secluded, but it was the most personal dining experience I’ve ever had in Pittsburgh. The Wine Room seats only ten people, tickets must be purchased in advance, and the menu is created specifically for each seating. Nestled deep in the heart of the Strip District of Pittsburgh, this treasure is complete only because of its talented, innovative Chef Jamilka Borges and her lovely, informative, and well versed wine director, Sarah Thomas, who both walk you through the pairings of the evening.
Our menu for the evening included ten pairings:
1. Spanish mackerel, aleppo, black olive paired with Gutierrez Colosia fino Elcano;
2. Miso, arugula, black sesame paired with Clos du Tue Becuf Petit Buisson (2012);
3. Garlic, foie gras paired with Gagliardo fallegro (2011);
4. Carrot escabeche;
5. Beef tartare, mint, yogurt, plantain paired with Monmousseau cuvee J.M. – W.V.;
6. Halibut, peas, carrot vin paired with M&A Arndorfer Gruner Veltliner (2012);
7. Bitter greens, apple cider vin paired with Lillet rose;
8. Spiced lamb, pink peppercorn paired with O. Lengesson Poivre et Sel (2012);
9. Pear, cream, cinnamon paired with Elvio Tintoro Moscato d’Asti Sori Gremello; and
10. White chocolate, lavender.
Reserve your wine room experience today! Pittsburgh is on the national map in part, because of the risks taken by Bar Marco.
You were the most lovely hosts.
. . .
Open Wednesday through Saturday beginning in March, The Wine Room is located in Bar Marco’s Wine Cellar. The First Seatings begin at 6:15 p.m. ($55.00). The Main Seatings begin at 8:00 p.m. ($125.00) Tickets (reservations) must be purchased in advance for the Wine Room and include the food and drink pairings as well as gratuity.
412.471.1900 / firstname.lastname@example.org
no menu monday 5pm-11pm
sat-sun brunch 10am-3pm